Merriam Aquatic Center Employment Packet
The purpose of this page is to provide directions necessary for completing the next step of the New Hire Employee Process. Your attention to all the details included on this page is imperative to a successful season.
Below is a check list of what is required to be completed. Click on the name of each form to open the document. You can choose to complete the forms electronically and then print or print each form and complete by hand.
All returning staff need to be print the appropriate check list below. Utilizing this checklist, print and complete the required paperwork. All paperwork needs to be turned in to Sari Maple, Administration Department at Merriam City Hall, 9001 W 62nd Street by Friday, May 6th at 4:30 PM. Deadline for Pre-Season Maintenance staff is Monday, April 25.
All new staff will need to print the appropriate check list below. Bring the completed paperwork and the appropriate identification to Merriam City Hall, 9001 W62nd Street either Saturday, May 14 from 10 am - 11:30 am or Monday, May 16 from 4:30 pm - 6 pm.
If these time frames do not work with your schedule, please contact Kesone Bouvilom at 913.322.5500 to make alternate arrangements.
The law requires all employees to have paperwork completed prior to being able to work. If you do not have your paperwork fully completed, you will NOT be allowed to work.
- Checklist for RETURNING employees
- Checklist for NEW employees
- Federal W-4 form
- Kansas K-4 form
- Emergency Contact Information Sheet
- Employment Eligibility Verification (I-9) form.
This form requires specific forms of identification. Identification requirements are one piece from List A OR a combination of one piece from List B and one piece from List C. Please bring these identification pieces with you when turning in your paperwork.
- A copy of your lifeguard training certificates, if applicable to your job.
- Drug/Alcohol Testing Procedures Consent and Acknowledgement Form (complete if you are 17 years of age or younger)
- Drug/Alcohol Testing Procedures Consent and Acknowledgement Form (complete if you are 18 years of age or older)
- Consent for Employment Background Investigation (for potential employees 18 years of age and older). The Summary of Your Rights Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act is for your information and should be kept by the potential employee.
- Availability Form for scheduling purposes.
- Payroll Direct Deposit Authorization Form (2015 Returning employees who were enrolled last season do not need to complete unless banking information has changed)
These must be completed by dates listed above to allow time for the results to be verified before attending any training, employee meetings, or your first day of work!
All city employees are required to submit to a pre-employment drug screening. The city utilizes KU MEDWEST to perform drug screens. Drug screens are completed at the expense of the City only if this provider is utilized. Electing to have a drug screen done at any other facility will be done at the expense of the potential employee.
Information regarding this process will be provided to you when you submit the new hire employment packet to Sari Maple, Administration Department at Merriam City Hall, 9001 W 62nd Street.
Red Cross Certification:
If you are planning on attending a Red Cross Certification course prior to the 2016 season, please make sure this certification will also include Waterpark Certification. If you have questions or need information regarding your certification, please contact pool supervisors Elyse Espinoza and Lauren Walbridge by email at and .
Mandatory Training Dates:
Various positions have mandatory training prior to the opening day of the pool on Sunday, May 29th. Please check this document for additional information. Failure to attend necessary training could result in termination.
To view an electronic copy of the Merriam Aquatic Center Employee Handbook, click here.
If you have any questions, please email Amy McClure me at or call 913-209-9877; or call Kesone Bouvilom at 913-322-5500 regarding any of the employment forms.